PEERS for Young Adults
Program for the Education and Enrichment of Relational Skills (PEERS®) for Young Adults (Ages 18-35) is a 16-week evidence based social skills intervention for motivated young adults, who are interested in learning skills to make and keep friends and develop romantic relationships. During each group session, young adults are taught important social skills and are given the opportunity to practice these skills.
*Young adults must attend each session with a social coach (i.e., parent, family member, adult sibling, life coach, job coach, peer mentor, etc.). Social coaches are taught how to assist young adults in making and keeping friends by providing feedback during weekly socialization homework assignments.
Enrollment is limited. Group instruction is provided in English. Regular attendance is imperative. Social coach participation is required.
*Groups begin every 16 weeks, and enrollment is ongoing. Please call 714-451-6783 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to begin the enrollment process.
Topics of Instruction in the PEERS® for Young Adults Treatment:
- How to use appropriate conversational skills
- How to choose appropriate friends
- How to appropriately use electronic forms of communication
- How to appropriately use humor and assess humor feedback
- How to start, enter, and exit conversations between peers
- How to organize successful get-togethers with friends
- How to develop romantic relationships and use appropriate dating etiquette
- How to handle arguments and disagreements with friends and in relationships
- How to handle rejection, teasing, bullying, and rumors/gossip
- Have friendship problems
- Young adults ages 18-35 years old; graduated from high school
- Young adults must be interested in attending the program
- Young adults must consistently attend the program
- Young adults must agree to participate voluntarily in the program
- Young adults must have a consistent social coach willing to attend the program each week
What is the application process?
- Call our office at 714-451-6783 to complete a brief phone screen with a member of our staff, and subsequently receive an enrollment packet
- Complete and return your enrollment packet
- Come to our office (young adult and social coach) for a 1.5-hour intake appointment with one of our clinicians to determine if our program is appropriate for you and your young adult
Dates and Availability
Duration: 16 weeks
Planned Days: Thursday
Planned Terms: Year Round
When: 4:30pm-6:00pm or 6:30pm-8:00pm
Newport Beach, CA
Please call our office for information about our current fees.