PEERS for Teens
Program for the Education and Enrichment of Relational Skills (PEERS®) is a 16-week evidence-based social skills intervention for motivated adolescents in middle school or high school who are interested in learning ways to help them make and keep friends.
During each group session adolescents are taught important social skills and are given the opportunity to practice these skills in session during socialization activities (e.g. playing sports, board games, etc.).
Parents are taught how to assist their teens in making and keeping friends by providing feedback through coaching during weekly socialization homework assignments.
Enrollment is limited. Group instruction is provided in English. Regular attendance is imperative. Parent participation is required.
*Groups begin every 16 weeks, and enrollment is ongoing. Group placement is determined by clinician at intake appointment based on group dynamics. Please call 714-451-6783 or email email@example.com to begin the enrollment process.
Topics of Instruction in the PEERS® for Teens Treatment:
- How to use appropriate conversational skills
- How to choose appropriate friends
- How to appropriately use electronic forms of communication
- How to appropriately use humor and assess humor feedback
- How to start, enter and exit conversations between peers
- How to organize successful get-togethers with friends
- How to be a good sport when playing games/sports with friends
- How to handle arguments and disagreements with friends and in relationships
- How to handle rejection, teasing, bullying, rumors/gossip, and cyber bullying
- How to change a bad reputation
What are the participation requirements?
- Have friendship problems
- Teens in middle school or high school
- Teens must be interested in attending the program
- Teens must agree to participate in the program voluntarily
- Teens must consistently attend the program
- Parent must be willing to participate
What is the application process?
- Call our office at 714-451-6783 to complete a brief phone screen with a member of our staff, and subsequently receive an enrollment packet
- Complete and return your enrollment packet
- Come to our office (parent and teen) for a 60-minute intake appointment with one of our clinicians to determine if our program is appropriate for you and your teen
Dates and Availability
Duration: 16 weeks
Planned Days: Wednesday
Planned Terms: Year Round
When: 5:30pm - 7:00pm
Newport Beach, CA
Please call our office for information about our current fees.